Monday, June 11, 2012

A married man


I'm married! This is the first time after my marriage, held on the 31st of May 2012, that I'm posting something on my blog. Why do I need to do this? Just like that, you know jess-like-that.

It's been a jarring journey, fraught with treachery, bigotry and schemes but handled with love, patience and a lot of brain. I feel like I'm a different person now, I view things differently and choose not to react instantaneously. I've gotten better at spotting fake smiles and concerns. I'm learning to play along. I understand that you must prove yourself with actions, to the people who are important enough, to the rest, you need to the rest you needn't give two hoots and a subset of the latter, you need to watch out for from the corner of your eye. Actions might not be coherent with the motives and sometimes people deliberately mislead; discretion is needed at every step of life.

A week odd after our marriage, I was once got spooked at night when a hand reached out to me in sleep, realizing it was my wife's, I heaved a sigh of relief and then suddenly I had mixed feelings. I reflected on how easy it was before, when we were girl-friend and boy-friend and how different it felt now. There was so much work to take care of now and the concept of personal space had fizzled away right from the day of the marriage and there were moments that I missed being single.

However I looked on the brighter side, here I am with the person I was pining to be with and we're both beside each other all the time once we're back from work. We have so much to talk, so much to joke and tease and pull each other's leg about, so much to plan and dream. We take care of work together and we're so close to each other, so close that it would've been impossible to imagine it till the time we actually started to live together. Then a thought flashed past my mind, what if had to stay away from her now...and it sent shivers down my spine. I touched her sleeping face, smiled and slept.

Man! What a steep learning curve. What do I feel like right now? Sleepy, very sleepy.

No comments: